It a bit frustrates me when a few of my peripherals (such as printer, scanner, and 3G modem) can’t connect automatically with my MacBook.
After searching Google thoroughly I found many scatter information to configure and connect my Huawei E220 3G modem on my MacBook.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Download the Huawei E220 Mac driver.
It consists of 2 files: Huawei Data Card Application, and the driver itself (the driver is for Leopard).
- Install the driver and follow its instruction
- Plug your Huawei E220 into your Mac
- Run the Huawei Data Card Application and set your APN (Access Point Name). You can ask your ISP for the APN.
- Create the connection on your Mac:
- System Preferences > Network
- Click + to create new service. It opens a drop down menu then choose Huawei Modem from the Interface.
- Telephone Number: *99#
- Account Name: your account name (leave it blank if your ISP doesn’t require it)
- Password: your account password (leave it blank if your ISP doesn’t require it)
- Click Advance
- Vendor: Other
- Model: Huawei Mobile Connect – 3G Modem
- Check the Enable error correction and compression in modem
- Dial mode: Ignore dial tone when dialing
- Click the PPP tab
- Settings: Configuration
- Uncheck the Send PPP echo packets
I was able to connect using these steps on the first try 🙂
Share This Article: